How Can Luxury Hotels, Resorts and Hospitality Brands Embrace Sustainability
About This Live Session Recording
How can luxury resorts and hotels embrace sustainability and play an active role in creating positive sustainability solutions for the travel and tourism industry?
Learn from the internationally recognized sustainable luxury leaders who are redefining what it means to offer authentic luxury travel experiences, and demonstrating that socially responsible and environmentally sound practices can - and should - be a key part of successful and competitive hospitality brands.
Watch this Free Recording to:
- Learn from the hands-on stories and examples from Asia’s leading sustainable hospitality brands: Arnfinn Oines of Soneva Resorts and Soneva Foundation (Thailand, the Maldives) and Mariglo Laririt of El Nido Resorts (Philippines)
- Gain practical insights and best practice examples on how to manage sustainability policies and to implement positive solutions.
- Get inspired from responsible tourism leaders and learn to make sustainability values a natural part of your brand identity.
Join the Conversation: #TrainingAid4Tourism
More about Soneva
The Soneva Group is a world leading sustainable luxury resort operator which owns and manages resorts and residences in Thailand and the Maldives. Committed to leading the hospitality industry in environmentally responsible tourism, the Soneva Group embodies its SLOW LIFE philosophy: Sustainable-Local-Organic-Wellness-Learning-Inspiring-Fun-Experiences.
Soneva has received numerous international awards recognizing their sustainability practices, including:
- Winner, Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards "Most Inspiring Responsible Tourism Accommodation Provider" (2013)
- Winner, International Hotel Awards "Best International Sustainable Hotel" (2014) - Soneva Fushi Resort, Maldives
- Winner, World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Tourism for Tomorrow Awards “Environment" Category (2015)
More about El Nido
El Nido Resorts is a group of eco-resorts located in the El Nido-Taytay municipalities in northern Palawan, Philippines. The resorts offer genuine, local hospitality and unique and enriching experiences amidst the beautiful natural landscape. Embracing a strong commitment to sustainability, El Nido Resorts exercise stewardship over the flourishing diverse environment, stressing the importance of preserving nature to all who visit.
El Nido Resorts' environmental conservation and community engagement initiatives have been widely recognized in the Philippines and internationally:
- Winner, Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Award, Accommodation Operators Category (2009)
- Winner, PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) Gold Award Environmental Education Programme Category (2011)
- Winner, World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Tourism for Tomorrow Awards "Community Benefit” Category (2013)
This Live Session was delivered in partnerships with Wild Asia, as part of the "Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Leaders Series" celebrating the 10-year anniversary of the Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards.
Read more on Asia's Responsible Tourism Leaders