WHAT: Travelife training seminars on "Sustainability for Tour Operators"
Sustainability for Tour Operators: Training Program Details
The training program will help you to:
- Understand the concept of sustainability in tourism.
- Recognize the key environmental, social and economic impacts of tourism.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of tour operators (inbound/outbound).
- Identify the types of actions tour operators can take in the field of transport, accommodation, excursions and customer communication.
- Identify quick wins for your own business and for your suppliers.
- Set realistic sustainability targets and identify methods of measuring success.
- Communicate sustainability achievements in an effective way to your clients.
- Use your sustainability achievements to create more business (marketing).
The training program will benefit:
- Company Executives, contracting and marketing managers of tour operators catering for the international market.
- Higher and middle management of travel associations and tourism boards concerned with assisting tour operators on a daily basis.
PATA, Pacific Asia Travel Association
Travelife, Sustainability in Tourism
ABTO, Association of Bhutanese Tour Operators
TAAN, Trekking Agency Association of Nepal
CBI, Centre for the Promotion of Imports from Developing Countries, The Netherlands
ANVR, the Dutch Association of Tour Operators
As part of our efforts to promote training and professional development opportunities in the tourism industry, our Industry Opportunities section highlights various events and programs that are relevant to tourism professionals. If your organization offers training programs and other professional development opportunities, and would like to spread the word through the TrainingAid network, please let us know (media [at] trainingaid.org)!