What: 2-Day Sustainable Tourism Training by the GSTC
When: December 3-4, 2019
Where: Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal
*This training is offered in conjunction with the 2019 GSTC Global Sustainable Tourism Conference (December 4-7, 2019). If you are interested in attending both the training class and the conference, please visit the conference registration page and choose the STTP Training as an add-on option to your conference registration. You will receive $100 off the regular training registration rate, when you sign up for both the conferene and the training.
>> Learn more & register (link to the GSTC website)
GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training
The GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) offers practical insights and effective steps to help you improve your sustainability practices. With the aim of strengthening awareness of sustainable tourism in destinations around the world, the training program covers global trends in sustainable tourism and sustainability best practices for businesses and destinations.
Key Training Program Highlights
- Knowledge and expertise representing the GSTC as the global authority on quality sustainable tourism standards.
- Stimulating and rewarding learning experience, being part of an interactive training with fellow participants representing a variety of public, private, academic and non-profit entities.
- Practical insights on promoting sustainable and responsible travel experiences through case studies and best practice examples.
How Will the Training Benefit Your Work?
- You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the GSTC Criteria, the baseline standard for sustainability in travel and tourism.
- You will be able to make informed decisions on how to implement sustainability practices for your company or destination.
- You will be able to build and establish viable and actionable sustainable tourism policies and practices for your organization.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in the official GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) Exam, and upon successful completion, receive a Certificate in Sustainable Tourism by the GSTC to demonstrate your knowledge of sustainable tourism standards and practices.
GSTC 2019 Global Conference: “Navigating the Way Forward in Sustainable Tourism”
The GSTC2019 Global Conference will bring together international and domestic tourism stakeholders involved in the development and promotion of sustainable tourism; including public sector, hotels, tour operators, academia, development agencies, NGOs, consultants, and more.
The key themes of the conference program will include:
(A) Smart & Sustainable Destination Management
– Island & Marine Tourism
– Seasonality: Under- and Over-tourism
– Nature destinations
(B) Market Opportunities and Challenges for Sustainable Products
– Sustainable and Responsible Procurement
– The role of OTA’s
– Marketing sustainability and influencing travelers’ preferences
(C) Is Tourism Responding to Climate Change?
– Slow travel
– Destinations adaptation to climate change
– Energy efficiency in travel and accommodations