WHAT: GSTC Europe Regional Meeting
About the Meeting
Sustainability experts and tourism practitioners from across Europe will join in Athens to discuss best strategies in today's environment to utilize sustainable tourism management mechanisms for destinations and businesses. The Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC), the UNWTO-supported manager of global baseline standards for travel and tourism, is organizing a lively and informative two-day workshop to review and discuss relevant issues and solutions for building sustainability in EU tourism.
The GSTC European Meeting speakers include:
- Lonneke de Kort, CEO, BookDifferent.com
- Melvin Mak, Manager of Sustainability, TUI Benelux
- Martina von Münchhausen, Tourism Expert, WWF
- Olaf Schlieper, Sustainability & Innovations Manager, German National Tourist Board
- Ioannis Spilanis, UNWTO Observatory Program, Aegean Islands
- Sören Stöber, Commercial Director, Travelife for Hotels
As part of our efforts to promote training and professional development opportunities in the tourism industry, our Industry Opportunities section highlights various events and programs that are relevant to tourism professionals. If your organization offers training programs and other professional development opportunities, and would like to spread the word through the TrainingAid network, please let us know (media [at] trainingaid.org)!