The 2016 Ecolodge Design and Planning Workshop with Hitesh Mehta, FASLA FAAK RIBA, is an intensive five-day workshop covering:
- Assess the feasibility and market potential by reviewing market demands and trends in the ecotourism industry.
- Select a site, conduct site physical and metaphysical analysis and design an ecolodge that takes into consideration not just the visitor, but the environment and local culture.
- Learn about eco-friendly site planning techniques.
- Implement ecolodge guidelines and certification standards.
- Incorporate renewable energy and efficient waste and water management systems into design and construction.
- Reduce building footprints in construction by integrating infrastructure with natural landscape.
As part of our efforts to promote training and professional development opportunities in the tourism industry, our Industry Opportunities section highlights various events and programs that are relevant to tourism professionals. If your organization offers training programs and other professional development opportunities, and would like to spread the word through the TrainingAid network, please let us know (media [at] trainingaid.org)!