Why SEO for Travel Websites?
Many recent studies show that more and more travelers are using the Internet to find travel information and inspirations.
The Internet, and - importantly - online search, has become a key part of how people look for travel ideas and plan their trips. In addition, travelers are increasingly turning to their computers and even mobile devices to book their trips.
This is great news for travel brands focusing on digital marketing and promoting quality content about travel destinations, experiences, ideas and tips.
But at the same time, the increasing importance of the Web in travel research and planning means the tourism businesses nowadays face fierce competition.
That's why you need a focused and strategic approach to SEO, to increase the chance of your web content being found by your target audience. To do this, you need both short-term quick fixes and long-term strategic changes. Here are some steps and techniques covered in this course to help with this process:
Make sure your website content is indexable by search engines, by making your website design and structure SEO-friendly.
Optimize your website for site visitors, not for search engines. Positive user experience translates to better search performance.
Keywords and Topics
Optimize for the right search keywords by targeting low-competition and high-volume long-tail keywords that are relevant to your customers' search intents.
Build a diverse inbound link portfolio, with a majority of the traffic coming from high-quality and authoritative sites.
Don't forget the impact of social performance on your SEO efforts. Social activities send strong signals to search engines about your website’s authority and credibility.
Measure and monitor your search performance, and make smart SEO decisions based on website traffic and conversion data.
This Course Is For You If...
- You want to make the most of your website to promote travel experiences and engage travelers.
- You’re looking for ways to improve your web content to attract your target audience.
- You’re new to SEO and need an easy and practical way to get started on optimizing your website.
- You’ve already worked with SEO but want to implement strategic approaches to improve your website’s search performance.
What Will You Learn? Your Learning Objectives
This course focuses on practical steps and techniques that you can implement to make SEO a key part of your marketing and business success. Specifically, you will learn:
- What Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is and how it affects the performance of your website.
- How to research keywords for your SEO strategy that are relevant to your business goals.
- How to implement best practices in content marketing that help improve your search ranking.
- How to measure results and track your SEO success.
What Can You Expect? Your Performance Goals
From easy "instant" steps you can take to long-term strategies, implementing effective SEO practices will help your business be found more easily by your target audience, and to help you better target your content marketing efforts. To achieve this, this course will help you to:
- Assess your current SEO performance and identify where you can improve to make your content more relevant and popular.
- Understand how SEO works, and how Search Engine Marketing (SEM) can benefit your business.
- Learn about key components of SEO, why they are important and how you can implement them.
- Start optimizing your website by implementing best practices in user experience, usability, design and content strategy.
- Start optimizing your online and offline content marketing efforts by implementing search-friendly tactics.
Course Topics Overview
Module 1: Introduction & Overview
The fundamentals of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and key concepts that will guide our lessons and practical examples in the following sections.
1.1 What's SEO and Why Does It Matter?
1.2 SEO and Content Marketing
Module 2: SEO-Friendly Website Practices
Take a closer look at the basics of SEO-friendly website design and structure and learn about the steps for optimizing your website is to make sure that your content can actually be found by search engine crawlers.
2.1 SEO-Friendly Design & Structure
2.2 User Experience
2.3 Improve & Optimize Your Content
Module 3: Identify & Optimize for Targeted Keywords
What do you need to know about keywords (or search query terms and phrases that people use to look for information using search engines), what they do and how they work? Learn how to find which keywords to target so that your website is optimized for the right context.
3.1 Keywords Overview
3.2 Keyword Research
3.3 On-Page Optimization
Module 4: Link Building Campaigns
The main goal of link building is to earn links from authoritative websites in the right context, to enhance your marketing efforts, to attract more traffic to your site, and to help improve your search ranking.
4.1 Link Building Overview
4.2 Organic Link Building
4.3 Manual Link Building
Module 5: Social Media's Roles in SEO
Social sharing has an increasingly significant role in SEO, as personal recommendations and word-of-mouth reputation play an important role in shaping purchase decisions nowadays.
5.1 Social Signals for SEO
5.2 Social Media Good Practices
Module 6: Measure & Track Your SEO Success
Learn about some of the key web analytics tools that you can use to gather and apply data to improve your SEO efforts, with a focus on important metrics related to SEO that you can track and measure using Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools.
6.1 Analyze Search Performance (Google Analytics)
6.2 Analyze Search Performance (Google Webmaster Tools)
6.3 Analyze Social Media Performance
Module 7: Final Steps
Before you finish the course, take the Knowledge Check quizzes to make sure you've understood the key learning points of the course. You will also find suggestions on what you can do after the course to continue learning and to implement more advanced SEO practices through customized course add-on option.
7.1 Knowledge Check
7.2 What Now?
No Reviews For This Course.