What Will You Learn?
With this course we want to help you understand how to implement Google Analytics to support your marketing, communications, and sales efforts, and to ensure that your analytics strategy is in line with your tourism and hospitality business objectives. Specifically, you will learn:
- How to write a measurement plan based on your business objectives.
- How to measure data with Google Analytics.
- How to read data reports to improve your business and better understand your customers.
What Can You Expect?
Your tourism business will benefit from taking advantage of Google Analytics as a (free) tool to support your web marketing efforts and to enhance your digital presence. To achieve this, this course will help you to:
- Understand what Google Analytics is and how it works.
- Set up a Google Analytics account for your business.
- Understand the importance of metrics and data for your business.
- Develop a measurement plan for your business.
- Learn about Google Analytics reports, and use reports to support your goals.
This Course Is For You If...
- You're using or want to use Google Analytics to support your digital marketing efforts and improve your website.
- You're new to Google Analytics and want to learn how to implement it in a way that benefit your tourism business.
- You've already been using Google Analytics and want to learn how to make the most of its reporting tools for your tourism business.
- You're interested in revamping your measurement strategy to focus your resources on what’s most important for your business.
Module 1: Course Overview
An overview of what you will learn from this course and how the course works, and an introduction to Worldwide Adventure, a fictional company used throughout the course to help demonstrate how implementing a measurement plan and using Google Analytics will look like for a tourism business.
1.1 About This Course
1.2 Introduction to Worldwide Adventures
Module 2: Google Analytics Set Up & Account Overview
Learn the basics of Google Analytics: how it works, how to get started, what you need to do to set up your account, and what you can do with it. Google Analytics is a leading web analytics service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about a website's traffic and traffic sources and can be used to measure conversions and sales.
2.1 Getting Started with Google Analytics
2.2 Install & Setup Google Analytics for Your Website
2.3 Filter Data
2.4 Set Up Profiles
2.5 Google Analytics Account Overview
2.6 Exercise for Module 2
Module 3: Measurement Plan for Your Business
To implementing and effectively utilizing Google Analytics, you need to start by knowing your business - your key priorities, business objectives, and the tools and channels you use to achieve your objectives. These will form the foundation of the next steps in identifying what to measure and deciding on how to gather and monitor data.
3.1 Know Your Business
3.2 What Can and Should Be Measured?
3.3 Steps to Building a Measurement Plan
Module 4: Customize For Your Analytics Needs
Learn more about setting up goals and conversions for your tourism business. Learn how to track campaigns and utilize custom segments to your advantage.
4.1 Goals and Conversions
4.2 Custom Campaigns
4.3 Custom Segments
4.4 Exercise for Module 4
Module 5: Get Started With Google Analytics Reports
Learn about some of the key Google Analytics reports functions that will likely be helpful for your business, and learn what you can do to put your measurement plan into action.
5.1 About Google Analytics Reports
5.2 Identify Traffic Sources
5.3 Compare Traffic Sources
5.4 Track Engagement and Conversions
5.5 Visitor Locations and Session Frequency
5.6 Learn More About Onsite Interactions
5.7 Evaluate Social Media Efforts with Social Reports
5.8 Custom Dashboards
5.9 Exercise for Module 5
Module 6: Track Online Bookings and Performance
Learn about Google Analytics reports that will help you monitor your conversion goals and ecommerce performance, as well as some advanced tools that you can implement to make the most of Google Analytics for your business.
6.1 Track Online Bookings and Ecommerce Performance
6.2 Monitor Activities with Event Tracking Reports
6.3 Use Custom Campaign Variables and Campaigns to Track Conversions
6.4 Summary & Next Steps
Module 7: Final Steps
Before you finish the course, take the Knowledge Check quizzes to make sure you've understood the key learning points of the course. You will also find suggestions on what you can do after the course to continue learning and to implement more advanced options with Google Analytics.
7.1 Knowledge Check
7.2 What Now?