Social Media Marketing for Travel and Tourism Businesses
Build an effective social media marketing strategy to support your tourism business' content and digital marketing efforts, and to make social media an integrated part of your marketing and customer engagement practices.
Follow Video Instructions
Ethan Gelber (The Travel Word, Outbounding.org, EcoAdventure Media) will guide you through key concepts around content marketing and explain effective approaches to social media marketing that will support your overall business and marketing goals.
Build Your Own Strategy
Follow the steps introduced in the course to build your own social media marketing strategy, making social media a valuable part of your overall marketing goals, and strengthening your brand's online - as well as offline - presence.
Find Ideas & Inspirations
Learn from the case studies of two travel companies and how they have implemented social media marketing along with other content and digital marketing channels, and find ways to apply the lessons learned to your own marketing approaches.
What Will You Learn?
Learn to make social media work for your tourism business!
- Familiarize: Before diving into creating your social media strategy, make sure you have answers to all your questions about what social media marketing is and why it can be important for your business.
- Understand: In order to select the right tools and work with them, you need to get to know them well. Learn some of the essentials of the what, why, how, who and where of social media marketing.
- Make Your Own: Build an executable and scalable social media marketing strategy for your company's specific needs and goals.
- Dig Deeper: Learn from real-life examples of social media strategies in action, and identify the right approach to social media marketing that fits your business.
What Can You Expect?
The benefits of implementing a solid social media strategy that reflects your business missions and values are manifold, including:
- You will be able to utilize time and resources in an efficient and effective way to invest in social media marketing.
- Over time, you will build a social media presence that helps your business goals in a tangible manner.
- Your marketing efforts will be enhanced by improved relationships with your current and future customers.
- Social media becomes a natural and useful part of your overall customer relations and community-building efforts.
This Course Is For You If...
- You are using, or want to use social media as part of your business/professional marketing efforts.
- You want to make the most of the time and resources you have to expand marketing opportunities through social media.
- You want to develop or revamp your social media strategy to focus your energy effectively and efficiently on social media marketing.
Module 1: Introduction and Overview
Let's start with an overview of the topics covered in this course. We'll address some of the key questions to keep in mind as you go through the course: What is social media marketing and why is it important? And how can it support your business?
Module 2: WHAT Is Social Media Marketing?
This module will introduce key terms and concepts related to social media marketing, within the larger context of content marketing, to help better understand the tools you will use to develop and strengthen your social media marketing strategy.
Module 3: WHY Social Media Marketing?
Your social media marketing efforts should support your overall marketing strategy and your business goals. Learn about some of the key benefits and business considerations that will be a key part of how you should approach social media marketing.
Module 4: Know WHO and WHERE Your Customers Are
A critical part of your social media strategy is understanding your audience. Make sure to properly address the WHO of social media marketing, and learn to effectively engage your customers WHERE they are, by utilizing different social media platforms and marketing channels.
Module 5: HOW to Make the Most of Social Media
Now that you've tackled the WHAT, WHY, WHO and WHERE of social media marketing, let's turn to some specific how-to's, including key insights on utilizing the customer journey and converged media model for effective marketing.
Module 6: Build Your Social Media Strategy
Each unit in this module includes a "To-Do" action item, a hands-on exercise to help you start building a social media marketing strategy for your business, including customer profile, competitor analysis, and social media metrics to track and measure your performance.
Module 7: Examples and Stories
To help cement your knowledge of social media marketing and content marketing approaches, this module offers two real-life case studies of specialized tour operators - Sumak Travel and Large Minority - and their experiences with social media.
Module 8: Final Steps
Before you finish the course, take the Knowledge Check quizzes to make sure you've understood the key learning points of the course. You will also find suggestions on what you can do after the course to continue learning and improving your social media marketing skills.
No Reviews For This Course.