About This Course
This is a closed group course of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP), offered with the support of the the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation. This is a closed course for invited participants only.
Sustainable Tourism Training for Industry Professionals
The Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) provides the knowledge and resources needed to help improve sustainability practices by tourism industry businesses and destinations. Built on the framework of the GSTC Criteria, the global baseline standards for sustainability in travel and tourism, the STTP training class will help you achieve tangible actions that fulfill the globally recognized standard of sustainability best practices.
- #1 (Monday, June 8th): Introduction to the Course; Overview of GSTC, Sustainable Tourism, and the GSTC Criteria and Indicators; Sustainability Management Based on the GSTC Criteria
- #2 (Wednesday, June 10th): Sustainability Management Based on the GSTC Criteria (cont’d); Capturing Economic Benefits Based on the GSTC Criteria
- #3 (Friday, June 12th): Culture, Heritage, and Visitor Management Based on the GSTC Criteria; Environmental Protection Based on the GSTC Criteria
- #4 (Monday, June 15th): Disaster Planning, Management, and Response Based on the GSTC Criteria; Guest Presentation; Debrief and Discussion
- #5 (Wednesday, June 17th): Sustainable Tourism Marketing Based on the GSTC Criteria; Strategic Application of GSTC Standards
- #6 (Friday, June 19th): Virtual Field Visit Group Presentations; Wrap-up and Next Steps